The York School is a coeducational, independent day school, renowned for its challenging academic International Baccalaureate programme and its commitment to experiential learning.
We welcome applications from dynamic and innovative teachers who enjoy collaborating with other teachers, and who wish to participate fully in the life of the school.
The York School is looking for supply teachers for the Middle and Senior School divisions. The successful candidates will report to the Principals of the Middle and Senior Schools.
● Perform all regular teaching duties
● Understand and follow relevant school procedures, including emergency procedures
● Set a proper example, at all times, for students and other community members
● Take direction from the Middle and/or Senior School Principals
● Reports all student injuries, accidents, illnesses, and discipline problems to the appropriate authority immediately or as soon as is reasonably possible;
● Implements lesson plans, while ensuring the integrity of academic time and in a manner which motivates students to learn and participate
● Organizes students for effective instruction
● Dismisses all students from the classroom before leaving the building
● Completes a Substitute Teacher Report Form for the regular classroom teacher
● Complies with and supports school and state regulations and policies
● Performs other related duties as assigned by building administrator(s) in accordance with school policies and practices.
● Ontario Teacher’s Certificate
● Google Drive Experience Preferred
● Senior School and/or Middle School division experience
● University degree with additional qualifications considered an asset
● Experience with the IB curriculum considered an asset
● Strong classroom management, verbal and written communication skills
● Passion to collaborate in a team environment
● Enthusiastic, productive and positive nature
Join Our Community
Employees at The York School are inquiring, knowledgeable, caring and engaged citizens of the world. Leaders in their field, they are collaborative, open to change and committed to improving lives through education. We are committed to professional development, and provide a competitive compensation and benefit package to our employees.
Accessibility & Equal Opportunity at The York School
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Upon request, we will accommodate individual needs for applicants with disabilities within our recruitment process.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should apply by submitting their resume and cover letter in one document to the email firstname.lastname@example.org by August 19th 2019. Please make sure to quote the Job Title in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their applications; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.