Start your application
- Click the red 'Apply Now' button
- Select ‘Create Account’ to create a YorkNet username and password
- A separate application and profile must be created for each child who is applying
- Please contact the Admission Office or call 416-646-5275 should you have any questions.
Supporting documents are required to complete the application. These documents can be uploaded directly to the candidate's admissions progress checklist:
Grade 6 - 11: Additional steps to complete an application
- Birth certificate or passport (showing date of birth)
2019-20 Progress Report Card (SK - Grade 11)
2018-19 Final Report Card (SK - Grade 11)
2017-18 Final Report Card (Grade 1 - 11)
Psychological Educational Assessment Report and Individual Learning/Education Plan (if applicable)
Proof of English language proficiency (results from TOEFL, IELTS, etc.) for Grade 6 - 11 applicants whose first language is not English
What is Early Action?
Families who have identified The York School as their top choice are encouraged to apply for Early Action. Applying for Early Action means that families will apply earlier than the Common Offer Date Round deadline and a decision will be made prior to Common Offer application deadline.
Early Action for Applicants for JK - SK - Grade 1
Early Action for Applicants to Grade 2-11
- Applicants are invited to attend an activity morning for an assessment.
An Early Action opportunity is available to applicants to Grades 2-11:
- achieved an A- (or equivalent) average in the 2018-19 school year
- have identified The York School as their only choice (will not apply to any other school)
- demonstrate leadership/initiative in at least one co-curricular or extracurricular activity (i.e. athletics, the arts, community service)
- have a strong online video admission interview
- have a successful visit at The York School (local candidates only)
*If suitable candidates are applying for SK - Grade 1 through Early Action, they will be placed on a wait pool until a spot becomes available.