|Challenge Week | Challenge Week embodies our commitment to strengthen the mind, body and spirit through experiences which extend and enrich student learning.|
|We believe that Challenge Week is one of the pivotal opportunities for students' growth and development. Students in grades 6 to 10 get involved in a variety of week-long excursions that take them beyond the walls of the school where they forge deep connections between their education and the world around them.
In grades 6, 7 and 8, challenges typically take place in and around Toronto. Recent challenges have included:
In grades 9 and 10, challenges take students across North America on five or six day excursions. The challenges seek to develop students’ passion for learning and emphasize a cross-curricular approach to their studies.
- studying with a team of professional magicians
- learning meal preparation and cooking with local chefs
- developing design and sewing techniques to produce one’s own unique garments
- students building their own electric guitar, and then learning to play it
- training to perform circus feats, such as the flying trapeze
Grade 9 and 10 challenges have included:
Check out the videos prepared by our grade 9 students for more on these adventures!
- historic adventures through music around St. John’s, Newfoundland
- learning the art of cooking in Montreal
- whitewater canoeing in Northern Ontario
- being trained to produce a short film
- joining a Habitat for Humanity project in the region affected by Hurricane Katrina
- hiking, canoeing and painting in the wilderness of Killarney Park