Creativity, reasoning, imagination, dexterity and intuition are developed as students learn to build bridges between verbal and non-verbal communication, logic and emotion.
The Arts programmes at York help our students:
In particular, we provide opportunities for students to create and to perform, both in the classroom and as part of our co-curricular programming. Students can participate in arts nights, afternoons and assemblies, musical and dramatic performances, and artistic performance tours.
- develop a lifelong enjoyment of the arts
- become informed, reflective and critical practitioners in the arts
- understand the dynamic and changing nature of the arts
- explore and value the diversity of arts across time, place and cultures
- develop perceptual and analytical skills